Friday, April 20, 2012

Patches of Noro...the end is in sight

Last year while participating at an event I stumbled upon a stall selling lace weight Noro. (This is the lady who sells it). They were long days and I had a lot of time to kill and I had always wanted to learn how to crochet. The next day I fronted up with a how to crochet book and a hook, (size 1...!!!!) bought myself 2 balls of this lovely stuff and had a crack!
I started my first hexagon and realised I was putting the yarn around the hook the wrong way all these years when I had tried to teach myself before. I'm left handed so books can sometimes be confusing for me when i'm working things out. Never had much luck with right handers teaching me either, so I always thought crochet was hard and fiddly. After that realisation things got easier and I got on a roll.
So, now after about 10 months I have over 200 of these hexagons that are about 6cm in diameter and I am slowly sewing them all up into a grandmothers flower garden style scarf. Trust me to pick something laborious for my first attempt into crochet, but hey its coming together, maybe by the time I reach the 12 month mark it will finally be finished!



1 comment: