Sunday, April 1, 2012

Things are good....

Back on deck for my first Camberwell market in a month. What a fantastic day! I forget how much fun doing a market can be.
All the vintage ensign and signal flags from the decommissioned freight ships are a hit and the Rajhastani quilts I carried back from India have sold out already. More are coming so if you are after one, mail me and I will add you to the waiting list.

India was such an amazing trip. So many things are now in place and ticking along. I am working with an amazing Social Enterprise to create and source a wonderful selection of textiles. This group works closely with the community to provide training and jobs with award wages and excellent working conditions. They source from the crafts people directly, from the people who spin the cotton to weaving the fabrics. Using local dyers, weavers, hand sewers, block printers and tailors. The smiles are large and warm and the possibilities are endless.

Recycled Saris on Bobbins
Fabric Selection at the Hand Weavers

Papu-ji with a sample


1 comment:

  1. Was stoked to find your lovely stall! Can't wait to see what you have next time :)

    ReplyDelete