Monday, February 4, 2013

AQA Dear Jane Show

This coming weekend the studio will be closed (feb 9th and 10th) as I will be trading at the Australian Quilters Association Dear Jane Show. Its on from the 8th to the 10th from 10am to 4pm.

Its going to be a pretty amazing show. Dear Jane is such a feat and accomplishment, but the best bit is you can enter ones that aren't completed too. Dear Jane is like the ball breaker of all quilts if you ask me. I know that personally I would not be even mentally able to even start this one. I love to look at them and totally admire the hard work and precision that is needed to pull this quilt together, but just know I would never be able to get my head around this one. Maybe one day, when I get over my smash and grab way of putting my quilts together....

I have been busy packing scrap bags of 1800s, Turn of the Century, 1920s, 30-40s, 50s and 60-70s prints. 100 grams or about 1 yard in each of scrappy goodness. Loads of feed sacks...full unopened ones as well, vintage fat quarters and over 1000 orphan blocks, embroidered ones as well. Loads of vintage quilt goodness. Also plenty of new vintage prints on the bolt.

We look forward to seeing you.




No comments:

Post a Comment